As part of EWEL’s sales team, Outside Sales Representatives (Sales Reps) represent EWEL in the electrical marketplace. They build and maintain strong relationships with electrical contractors and manufacturer’s agents. They build new accounts with cold calls and prospecting, and they deliver top-notch service to all their customers. Sales Reps work with their team and manager to set and meet sales targets that ensure EWEL maximizes its share of the electrical market. Sales Reps are the heartbeat of EWEL’s day-to-day sales operations. Outside Sales Representatives report to the Sales Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS & IDEAL SKILLS
Sales Reps require industry experience, and strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in the electrical industry and at least two (2) years of experience in sales or a combination of education and experience. Experience in an adjacent industry may be considered.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a natural relationship builder.
- Demonstrated sales ability.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Communicate in a clear, professional, and courteous manner.
- Strong time-management and organizational skills.
- Strong electrical product knowledge.
- Customer service driven and results oriented.
- Strong computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office. Experience with texting and mobile devices.
- Existing industry contacts and relationships are an asset.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Represent EWEL in a professional manner in the Edmonton electrical market.
- Develop account strategies that achieve sales and gross margin targets.
- Develop and maintain long-term relationships with customers and vendor representatives.
- Increase sales within existing accounts by presenting new opportunities and products.
- Build EWEL’s account base with prospecting and cold calling.
- Support the Inside Sales and Project Quotations teams to foster excellent customer service, operational efficiency, and account profitability.
- Coordinate sales and customer service efforts with Inside Sales and Purchasing.
- Develop solutions to address customer issues.
- Prepare small quotations and proposals.
- Communicate effectively via email, phone, and text with suppliers, contractors, and internal staff.
- Ensure in-depth and current knowledge of customers, as well as strengths and weaknesses of competitors.
- Provide accurate market intelligence to EWEL management and other members of the sales and projects teams.
- Use EWEL’s sales analytics platform to act on existing accounts.
- Maintain up-to-date product knowledge on various product lines.
Job Type: Full-time
- A friendly and relaxed environment open to today’s reality because we listen to our employees’ needs
- Competitive salary and participation in our generous profit-sharing program that recognizes the individual contribution of our employees. There is no limit to your ingenuity, and you are even encouraged to surpass yourself.
- Flexible benefits program where you can choose the benefits and levels of coverage that are right for you:
- Health, dental, paramedical & vision care, and prescription medication
- Short- and long-term disability benefits because you never know what the future holds
- Supplemental Health Insurance
- Life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) with Telemedicine
- Travel Insurance
- Reimbursement of training expenses to acquire new skills and advance your career within the organization
- RRSP with generous employer contribution
- Possibility of contributing to a TFSA with a favourable group rate
- Post-graduate scholarship program for children of our employees
- Employee discounts on purchases
- Free parking
- Monday to Friday