EWEL is looking for a Warehouse Clerk to join the team at EWEL Main (11604 186 St NW, Edmonton).
The Warehouse Clerk is focused on receiving, verifying and stocking merchandise, preparing orders, packing goods, shipping orders in a timely manner and general warehouse duties. This position requires a person with good interpersonal skills, computer knowledge and experience in a warehouse environment. The Warehouse Clerk reports to the Operations Supervisor and works with the sales counter team to keep customers happy and stock flowing smoothly.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Highly meticulous in keeping the warehouse tidy, ensuring merchandise is placed in the right location.
- Ensures productivity and safety in the warehouse.
- Ensures orders are filled accurately and on time.
- Offload trucks, check for missing and damaged merchandise.
- Work outside in all weather conditions: offloading delivery trucks and loading customer vehicles.
- Receive and verify shipments and place merchandise in stock.
- Locate related Customer back-orders and advise Customer of their arrival.
- Place and arrange stock in orderly fashion and re-arrange as required.
- Maintain the merchandise displays in an attractive manner.
- Pick and pack goods, and ship orders in an accurate and timely manner.
- Pack for goods damage free shipment.
- Keep the warehouse tidy ensuring productivity and safety in the warehouse.
- Provide sales support at the Counter as needed greeting customers, preparing orders, merchandising and other assigned tasks.
Qualifications & ideal skills
This position requires focus, attention to detail, and a customer-focused mindset. The Warehouse Clerk will have:
- 1 – 2 years of experience in warehouse shipping & receiving.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work independently and on a team.
- Experience on a sales counter or in a customer service position is an asset.
- Experience with an ERP sales system and computers in general is an asset.
- Steel-toed footwear.
- Previous forklift certification (re-certification will be necessary); experience with pallet jacks and other warehouse equipment.
- Winter clothing suitable for extended outdoor work.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- The ability to lift 30-50 pounds repeatedly.
- The ability to stand, walk, kneel, squat, bend while reaching, and work in hot or cold temperatures.
- Proactive in finding ways to improve productivity in the warehouse.
Job Type: Full-time
- A friendly and relaxed environment open to today’s reality because we listen to our employees’ needs
- Competitive salary and participation in our generous profit-sharing program that recognizes the individual contribution of our employees. There is no limit to your ingenuity, and you are even encouraged to surpass yourself.
- Flexible benefits program where you can choose the benefits and levels of coverage that are right for you:
- Health, dental, paramedical & vision care, and prescription medication
- Short- and long-term disability benefits because you never know what the future holds
- Supplemental Health Insurance
- Life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) with Telemedicine
- Travel Insurance
- Reimbursement of training expenses to acquire new skills and advance your career within the organization
- RRSP with generous employer contribution
- Possibility of contributing to a TFSA with a favourable group rate
- Post-graduate scholarship program for children of our employees
- Employee discounts on purchases
- Free parking
- Monday to Friday