EWEL is looking for an energetic, experienced, and service-oriented person to join our counter sales team.
Our sales counter personnel are the cornerstones of our business. Our team delivers efficient, high quality customer service to electrical customers of all sizes and types. You can expect a fast-paced work environment with high expectations for customer service.
- This position is located at EWEL’s south branch: #130, 3001 Buckingham Dr. Sherwood Park, AB
- Training (2 weeks) may occur off site at one of our branches (EWEL South or EWEL Main).
- 2 years of electrical industry experience is preferred.
- 2 years of experience with an electrical distributor is preferred.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Assist EWEL’s walk-in customers with sales orders, product information, product research, and quotations in a professional, friendly, and helpful manner.
- Work cohesively with other staff to ensure the highest standard of customer service.
- Resolve customer complaints.
- Properly pick and pack materials for customer transportation.
- Maintain the showroom to EWEL’s standards of presentation and cleanliness.
- Practice and uphold EWEL & industry-standard safety practices.
- Perform cycle counts and item location maintenance when required.
- Assist in other departments as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS & IDEAL SKILLS:
- 2 years of experience in the electrical wholesale industry or other area of the electrical industry.
- Strong in-person customer service and spoken communication skills in English.
- Working knowledge of computerized inventory control systems (ERP system experience preferred).
- Good computing skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Read and interpret documents such as invoices, manuals, specification sheets, and instructions.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Can lift 20-30 pounds repeatedly.
- Physically able to stand, walk, kneel, squat, bend while reaching, and work in hot or cold temperatures.
Job Type: Full-time
- A friendly and relaxed environment open to today’s reality because we listen to our employees’ needs
- Competitive salary and participation in our generous profit-sharing program that recognizes the individual contribution of our employees. There is no limit to your ingenuity, and you are even encouraged to surpass yourself.
- Flexible benefits program where you can choose the benefits and levels of coverage that are right for you:
- Health, dental, paramedical & vision care, and prescription medication
- Short- and long-term disability benefits because you never know what the future holds
- Supplemental Health Insurance
- Life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) with Telemedicine
- Travel Insurance
- Reimbursement of training expenses to acquire new skills and advance your career within the organization
- RRSP with generous employer contribution
- Possibility of contributing to a TFSA with a favourable group rate
- Post-graduate scholarship program for children of our employees
- Employee discounts on purchases
- Free parking
- Monday to Friday