EWEL is looking for a Warehouse Clerk to join the team at EWEL Main (14830 – 124 Avenue, Edmonton).
The Warehouse Clerk is focused on receiving, verifying and stocking merchandise, preparing orders, packing goods, shipping orders in a timely manner and general warehouse duties. This position requires a person with good interpersonal skills, computer knowledge and experience in a warehouse environment. The Warehouse Clerk reports to the Operations Supervisor and works with the sales counter team to keep customers happy and stock flowing smoothly.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Highly meticulous in keeping the warehouse tidy, ensuring merchandise is placed in the right location.
- Ensures productivity and safety in the warehouse.
- Ensures orders are filled accurately and on time.
- Offload trucks, check for missing and damaged merchandise.
- Work outside in all weather conditions: offloading delivery trucks and loading customer vehicles.
- Receive and verify shipments and place merchandise in stock.
- Locate related Customer back-orders and advise Customer of their arrival.
- Place and arrange stock in orderly fashion and re-arrange as required.
- Maintain the merchandise displays in an attractive manner.
- Pick and pack goods, and ship orders in an accurate and timely manner.
- Pack for goods damage free shipment.
- Keep the warehouse tidy ensuring productivity and safety in the warehouse.
- Provide sales support at the Counter as needed greeting customers, preparing orders, merchandising and other assigned tasks.
Qualifications & ideal skills
This position requires focus, attention to detail, and a customer-focused mindset. The Warehouse Clerk will have:
- 1 – 2 years of experience in warehouse shipping & receiving.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work independently and on a team.
- Experience on a sales counter or in a customer service position is an asset.
- Experience with an ERP sales system and computers in general is an asset.
- Steel-toed footwear.
- Previous forklift certification (re-certification will be necessary); experience with pallet jacks and other warehouse equipment.
- Winter clothing suitable for extended outdoor work.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- The ability to lift 30-50 pounds repeatedly.
- The ability to stand, walk, kneel, squat, bend while reaching, and work in hot or cold temperatures.
- Proactive in finding ways to improve productivity in the warehouse.
Job Type: Full-time
- A friendly and relaxed environment open to today’s reality because we listen to our employees’ needs
- Competitive salary and participation in our generous profit-sharing program that recognizes the individual contribution of our employees. There is no limit to your ingenuity, and you are even encouraged to surpass yourself.
- Flexible benefits program where you can choose the benefits and levels of coverage that are right for you:
- Health, dental, paramedical & vision care, and prescription medication
- Short- and long-term disability benefits because you never know what the future holds
- Supplemental Health Insurance
- Life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) with Telemedicine
- Travel Insurance
- Reimbursement of training expenses to acquire new skills and advance your career within the organization
- RRSP with generous employer contribution
- Possibility of contributing to a TFSA with a favourable group rate
- Post-graduate scholarship program for children of our employees
- Employee discounts on purchases
- Free parking
- Monday to Friday