EWEL is hiring a Junior Estimator! The Junior Estimator prepares project quotations of all sizes but focuses on small-to-medium sized projects. This is an entry-level position (within the projects department) that requires a technically-minded, detail-oriented person who has strong time management skills and can work against tight deadlines. The Junior Estimator is an excellent communicator and delivers exceptional customer service at all stages of the project process. He or she works with all members of the projects team to ensure the success of the department. For interested applicants, please send CV to and indicate the position applying for in the subject field.
REPORTS TO (MANAGER)
The Junior Estimator reports to the Projects Team Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS & IDEAL SKILLS
This is an entry-level position that requires focus, attention to detail, and strong written and oral communication skills. The Junior Estimator:
- has a minimum of 2 years of experience in the electrical industry. Experience with distributors, suppliers, or agents is an asset, as is previous estimating experience.
- is fluent in and proficient with computer file systems and various types of software.
- has experience with, and proficiency in, Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat DC (not strictly required but is an asset).
- Has excellent knowledge of residential, commercial, and industrial electrical products.
- has strong written and oral communication skills and communicates in a clear, professional, and courteous manner.
- has highly organized work habits.
- has superior time-management skills and can work against tight deadlines.
- has strong reading comprehension.
- has a high school diploma or equivalent.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Analyzes contractor take offs, electrical drawings, and specifications.
- Assesses requirements and develops project take-offs.
- Communicates in a timely, courteous, and professional manner with EWEL’s suppliers, customers, teammates, and internal staff via email, phone, and in-person.
- Prepares tenders of all sizes with a focus on small-to-medium-sized jobs.
- Issues pricing on or before deadline in concert with the sales team and the Projects Team Manager.
- Delivers top-notch customer service at both pre- and post-tender stages.
- Assists with project start ups for jobs he/she has quoted.
- If required by the Project Coordinator, advises on post-tender changes for jobs he/she has quoted.
- Assists Senior Estimator, Project Coordinator, and Projects Team Manager when required.
- Adapts to changing work requirements and conditions.
Application deadline: 2020-09-25
Job Type: Full-time
- Healthcare benefits
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
For interested applicants, please send CV to and indicate the position applying for in the subject field.